UW-Extension Soil, Water, & Nutrient Management Meeting
Juneau – Don’t Miss It…Dodge County will be the 5th stop in the eight-location tour of the 2018 Soil, Water & Nutrient Management Meetings held November 27th – December 6th around the state. The meetings provide research updates in the field of soil management, fertility, and nutrient management.
Dodge County University of Wisconsin Extension (UWEX) invites area crop consultants, agronomy supply specialists, and other interested parties to attend the 2018 Soil, Water, and Nutrient Management meeting in Juneau on Monday, December 3rd, at the Dodge County Administration Building, 127 East Oak Street, Juneau, Wisconsin. The meeting will begin promptly at 10 a.m. (registration begins at 9:30 a.m.) and last until 3 p.m., with lunch from 12-1 p.m.
Speakers include UW-Extension Soil Specialists Carrie Laboski, Matt Ruark and Francisco Arriaga; Andrew Stammer, Director of the Soil & Forage Analysis Laboratory; and Sue Porter, Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection.
– Cover crops and nutrient management
– Can we use soil health tests for fertilizer recommendations?
– Evaluating fall manure BMPs
– Sampling soils and plants in Wisconsin
– Are FGD and SDA calcium sulfite worth using?
– Soil compaction issues after a wet fall – recap
– Wisconsin nutrient management update
Registration is $45 per person. Lunch and a packet with relevant resources are included with registration. It is requested to contact the host of the location you are interested in attending to pre-register at least 1-week prior to the event to save a seat, meal, and materials packet. Continued Education Units (CEUs) for Certified Crop Advisers will be provided (2.0 NM and 2.0 SW).
The schedule for the meetings is:
– Tuesday, November 27: DeForest at Comfort Inn, 5025 County Hwy V. Contact: Heidi Johnson, UW-Extension Dane County at 608-224-3716. Please register online at fyi.uwex.edu/danecountyag/upcoming-ag-programs/
– Wednesday, November 28: Eau Claire at Clarion Hotel, 2703 Craig Road. Contact: Mark Hagedorn, UW-Extension Eau Claire County, 227 First St., Altoona, WI 54720; 715-839-4712.
– Thursday, November 29: Sparta at Jake’s Northwoods, 1132 Angelo Rd., Hwy 21. Contact: Bill Halfman, UW-Extension Monroe County, 14345 Co. Hwy B, Rm. 1, Sparta, WI 54656; 608-269-8722.
– Friday, November 30: Marshfield at Marshfield Ag Research Station Auditorium, 2611 Yellowstone Dr. Contact: Evan Henthorne, UW-Extension Adams County, 569 N. Cedar St. Ste. 3, Adams, WI 53910; 608-339-4237.
– Monday, December 3: Juneau at Dodge County Admin Bldg., 127 Oak St. Contact: Laure Dei, UW-Extension Dodge County, Admin Bldg. 127 Oak St., Juneau, WI 53039; 920-386-3790.
– Tuesday, December 4: Kiel at Millhome Super Club, 3 miles East on Hwy. 57/31. Contact: Mike Ballweg, UW-Extension Sheboygan County, 5 University Dr., Sheboygan, WI 53081; 920-459-5904.
– Wednesday, December 5: Cecil at The Main Event, 206 North Lemke St. Contact: Kimberly Kassube, UW-Extension Shawano County, Courthouse, Rm. 101, 311 N. Main St., Shawano, WI 54166; 715-526-6136.
– Thursday, December 6: Dodgeville at Iowa County Health and Human Services Bldg., 303 W. Chapel St. Contact: Gene Schriefer, UW-Extension Iowa County, 303 W. Chapel St., Ste. 1200, Dodgeville, WI 53533; 608-930-9850.