The Dodge County Meat Animal Sale Committee will be identifying all market lambs through the tagging and DNA collection process for the Dodge County Fair 2018. The committee will also be conducting an optional sheep weigh-in. We ask for your prompt attention to all these details. Tags will be available from Dodge County UW-Extension with pick-up starting on April 2, 2018. Please follow directions below.
Information about Sheep ID Tags/DNA sampling:
1. Request your DNA Kit from the Wisconsin Livestock Identification Consortium (WLIC) immediately. Enclosed is the Dodge County Fair ID/DNA Request Form for your convenience. Follow instructions for submitting the request (you must submit the $10 fee for each DNA sample of sheep you plan to identify for the fair). Alternatively, go to www.wiid.org/dna-program to download the request form OR you may place your order online for the DNA kit with a debit/credit card. Online DNA Order Form link here.
This is a family identification process, only one request form is required per family with all youth showman in that family identified.
2. Please call 920-386-3790 or email the UW-Extension Office Support Staff, Laure Dei at email@example.com to request the number of tags that you/your family need(s) for 2018. Give your family name along with each project exhibitor name. You will arrange for pick-up at the Extension office individually or by club/chapter. Please complete tag requests and pick-up by Friday, April 27, 2018.
3. One tag per animal.
5. Submit your DNA samples to the WLIC. Postmarked deadline is Tuesday, May 15, 2018. Make sure to follow all DNA collection instructions that you will receive along with your DNA sample kit.
DNA sample/Documentation postmarked after Tuesday, May 15, 2018 will not be eligible to participate in the Meat Animal Sale.
6. No pictures are required of tagged market lambs.
7. WLIC will send a report to the UW-Extension Office with the exhibitor’s names/animal ID numbers of all DNA samples submitted for Dodge County.
If an animal loses its tag, immediately contact one of your Dodge County Sheep Representatives listed below for tag replacement. The committee would prefer you contact them via text message along with a photo of the lamb/tag.
*If you have any questions or concerns, please contact your Dodge Co. MAS Sheep Representatives.
- Jan Phillips 920-210-3100 -Chair
- Becky Doman 920-248-9311
- Josh Voigt 920-319-2988
OPTIONAL MARKET LAMB WEIGH-IN.
An optional weigh-in will take place on Saturday, May 5th from 9:00 am. until 12:00 pm. at the Voigt farm. Lambs that are weighed in will be eligible to compete for the Rate of Gain trophy.
W6744 Cty Rd. W
Juneau, WI 53039
920-319-2988 Josh Voigt