Master Gardeners 2015 Meetings
The Dodge County Master Gardener Association meetings for 2015 are held at the Administration Building in Juneau on the 4th Thursday of each month at 6:30 p.m. and are free and open to the public. Gardeners of all stages of expertise are invited! Come and bring a friend.
Meetings in 2015 will range from tree care to heirloom tomatoes to landscaping with natives and everything in between! Included in 2015 will be an on-farm tour of Bryn Teg Farm, a Community Supported Agriculture Farm in Ashippun. See the 2015 Dodge County Master Gardener Association Monthly Educational Program Schedule.
2015 Master Gardener Fall Symposium – November 7
The Dodge County Master Gardener Association is excited to announce our 2015 Gardening for Gold Fall Symposium. This year’s event once again will be at the Horicon Marsh Education Center on November 7th. The day will include four speakers, a silent auction, and lunch by Chef Chanse. See 2015 Fall Symposium flyer or 2015 Fall Symposium brochure for more information and registration.
Dodge County Administration Building Education Display
The Educational Display Garden at the Dodge County Administration Building in Juneau is looking good. Interested in what’s blooming? All plants are labeled with a plant marker and information about each plant can be found at http://dodge.uwex.edu/…/Administration-Building-Gardens-Plant-Descriptions.pdf
Dodge County Highway Department Education Display
The Educational Display Garden at the Dodge County Highway Department is progressing nicely (it was planted last year). All plants are identified with a plant marker and more information on the individual plants can be found at: http://dodge.uwex.edu/files/2010/06/Highway-Department-Building-Landscaping.pdf
Little Free Library
The DCMGA supports a “Little Free Library” in the east garden. The library will be stocked with garden books for adults and children early spring through fall. It is near a bench where patrons can sit and read while enjoying the gardens. Please feel free to take a book, read it, and return it so we can keep the library going!
Ask a Master Gardener Help Line
Dodge County Master Gardener Association and Dodge County UW-Extension announce the opening of the Ask A Master Gardener Helpline. Certified Master Gardener Volunteers will answer your questions about your yard, garden or plants every Tuesday morning from 9-noon and every Thursday afternoon from 1-4 pm, beginning Tuesday, May 5th. The Certified Master Gardener Volunteers will be located at the Dodge County Administration Building, 127 E Oak Street, Juneau on the first floor in Room 1E.
Clients can bring in plant, insect, or tree specimens to be identified. Or if there are questions about plant health, turf care management, plant selection, landscape problems, vegetable and fruit management, or anything horticulture related, clients can call, stop in or email questions. The email address is email@example.com.
The Dodge County Master Gardeners meet on the fourth Thursday of the month and host educational programs on a wide variety of horticultural topics. Master Gardeners assist UW-Extension staff in sharing horticultural information with the public. They have worked on projects in the Dodge County area at nursing homes, historical societies, schools, parks and youth programs.
For more information about the Master Gardener program and upcoming educational opportunities, contact the Dodge County UW Extension office at 920-386-3790, visit the website at http://dodge.uwex.edu/master-gardener/ or connect with us on Facebook.
- All-volunteer organization.
- An outreach arm of Dodge County UW-Extension (UWEX).
- MG’s are trained volunteers who aid UWEX by helping people in the community better understand horticulture and their environment.
- Membership is open to the public.
- The goal of the program is to train enthusiastic volunteers so they can, in turn, provide research-based information on a wide variety of horticultural topics to the general public in their communities.
- Training Requirements for Certified Master Gardener Volunteers (MGV):
- Complete a 36-hour horticultural educational training offered by UW-Extension.
- Fulfill volunteer hour commitment.
- As a Certified Master Gardener Volunteer.
- Become a “Friend of the Master Gardeners” for only $7/year. “Friends” can work alongside a Master Gardener, volunteer on projects and determine if they want to take MGVtraining.
- Attend Monthly Educational Meetings.
- Fourth Thursday of the month from January through October.
- Meetings begin at 6:30 pm and are typically held in the Auditorium Room of the Administration Building located at 127 E. Oak Street in Juneau. We do, on occasion, have a change of night or venue.
- The meetings are open to the public and free of charge.
Community Service and Outreach
- The Dodge County Master Gardeners provide approximately 1500 hours of education, community service and outreach annually.
- Their volunteer efforts directly and indirectly touch the lives of all Dodge County citizens as they work at nursing homes, historical societies, schools, parks, and youth programs.
- Late 1970’s – The MG program began in Wisconsin through UW-Extension.
- 1992 – Local MG groups formed the Wisconsin Master Gardener Association (WIMGA).
- 2004 – Local MGV’s organized the Dodge County Master Gardeners Association.
- Through this website:
- Contact Dodge County UWEX at 920-386-3793.
- Contact a Master Gardener Officer.
- Dodge County Master Gardener Association
- Wisconsin Master Gardener Association
- Dodge County Master Gardener By-Laws
- Wisconsin Master Gardener Brown Bag Series
- UWEX Horticulture website
- UW-Madison Plant Disease Diagnostics Clinic
- UW-Madison Insect Diagnostics Lab
2015 Certified Members