E-mail Parenting Newsletters
- Learn about parenting at your convenience with UW-Extension free, electronic, age-paced newsletters - including Spanish language editions. Subscribe at: http://parenting.uwex.edu/. Newsletters include:
- Preparing to Parent www.uwex.edu/ces/flp/parenting/preparingtoparent.html
- Parenting the First Year www.uwex.edu/ces/flp/parenting/ptfy.html
- Parenting the Second and Third Years www.uwex.edu/ces/flp/parenting/ptsty.html
- Parenting Future Readers .htmlpfr/parenting/flp/ceswww.uwex.edu/
- Parenting Your Unique Child www.uwex.edu/ces/flp/parenting/unique.html
- Parenting the Preschooler: www.uwex.edu/ces/flp/pp/
- Just-In-Time Parenting Newsletters: www.parentinginfo.org/
Research-Based Child Development Data for Parents
- Child Trends is a nonprofit, nonpartisan research center that studies children at all stages of development.
- They compile evaluations and research about child development in many areas including: child poverty and welfare, parenting, school readiness, education, health and youth development.
- Visit their website at: http://www.childtrends.org/
Learning Math Every Day
- Numbers, math concepts and math discussions are a part of daily activities for people of all ages.
- Including counting and math words in your child’s early years will help them with math and science when they are older.
- Learn Math Everyday Fun Games (PDF, 4 pages, 324 KB)
- A one-hour opportunity to play with your children and 5 different type of blocks.
- Simple to complex ideas for creative building with blocks.
- Call Pattie Carroll for more information at 920.386.3789.
- Block Party Professional Resources
Wisconsin Department of Children and Families
Wisconsin’s Regulated Child Care Search contains information on the location and regulatory history of the almost 6,000 child care centers and day camps licensed by the Department of Children and Families (DCF). http://dcf.wisconsin.gov/childcare/licensed/search.htm