Child Care Professionals
Upcoming Meetings, Events & Trainings
- University of Wisconsin Family Living Programs
- University of Wisconsin Cooperative Extension Home and Family Publications
Child Care Resources
- 4-C’s Professional Development and Training Department: http://www.4-C.org Offers affordable high quality workshops for childcare providers. Staff provide technical assistance to family and center based programs. A Resource Room and Lending library is available to all 4-C members offering among other things, toy kits for check out and access to a die cut machine and laminator. 4-C also sponsors the Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP). This Federal program allows regulated family childcare providers to receive monetary reimbursement for food served to children in their care. Nutrition workshops, assistance with business matters and information on child development are also available from the programs technical staff.
- Wisconsin’s Early Childhood Excellence Initiative: http://www.sohe.wisc.edu/outreach/ece/index.html Resource for childcare professionals.
- Family Village: http://www.familyvillage.wisc.edu
The Family Village of the University of Wisconsin’s Waisman Center offers resources for families and childcare providers and information on specific disabilities.
Child Development & Parenting
- Wisconsin First Step 24 Hour Referral Service: (800-642-7837) http://www.mch-hotlines.org/ Public Health Information and Referral Service for Women, Children and Families
- Healthy Child Care America This site provides early education and child care information to health care professionals, child care professionals, and families. It also provides enhanced access to information and resources. Improvements are occuring so check back periodically.
- Child & Family Web Guide
- Children, Youth & Family Information Service
- Parenting the First Year
- Parenting the 2nd & 3rd Years
- Birth to 3: http://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/children/birthto3/index.htm
- I Am Your Child
Articles and Activities from Penn State Extension’s Better Kid Care Program: http://www.betterkidcare.psu.edu
Guide to Children’s Health: http://www.kidshealth.org/parent
Parenting http://www.uwex.edu/ces/flp/pp/ the Preschooler Program:
Parenting Program: http://www.uwex.edu/ces/flp/parenting
Thousands of Ideas: http://www.familyfun.com
Creative Illustrator: http://www.janbrett.com