Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the Clean Sweep program?
- I missed Dodge County’s Clean Sweep. When is the next one?
- Can I go to another county’s Clean Sweep?
- What can I bring to a Clean Sweep?
- Can I bring Agricultural Chemicals?
- Can small businesses participate?
- Where can I read more about disposing of specific materials?
Dodge County’s next Clean Sweep will be in 2016.
- Lowers environmental risks associated with improper disposal of hazardous materials.
- Provide the public with opportunities to dispose of unwanted pesticides, household products and chemicals for safe and legal disposal before they cause problems.
- Generally, Dodge County has an agricultural and/or household Clean Sweep Program every two years.
- Clean Sweep programs are funded through grant money from Wisconsin’s Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection (DATCP).
- Final grant funding determines county program details such as type of program, dates and locations.
Jefferson County (4 times/year)
- Call ahead & make appointment.
- Contact: Sharon Ehrhardt (920) 674-7430 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Household hazardous waste only.
- Open to Dodge County residents.
- Dodge County residents can also bring TV’s, computer and appliances (all appliances with cords, Freon or batteries are accepted for FREE – Please no items that contain fuel) to Second and Clyman Street (new location effective December 18, 2014). This new location is near the Street Department at 811 S First Street in Watertown (Operation hours: every day 7 a.m. – 7 p.m.)
Please be respectful of the site – put items in containers, to the rear of the container, and don’t block roadways or doorways.
- 2014-2015 Dates: 2014_2015 Jefferson Co. Clean Sweep (PDF, 2 pages, 678 KB)
- View website for latest updates: http://www.jeffersoncountywi.gov/jc/public/jchome.php?page_id=907
Brown County – Year Round (Permanent Facility)
- Call ahead for details.
- Saturdays, 8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Thursdays, 12 p.m. – 6 p.m.
- Open to non-Brown County residents & businesses.
- Contact: Mark Walter (920) 492-4965 or email@example.com.
- View website and find out “What do I do with . . .?”
- Household collection, business by appointment, fee for electronics and latex paint.
City of Watertown does accept mattresses for recycling. There is no charge for City of Watertown and Village of Clyman residents, and a nominal fee for residents of other municipalities.
For More Information:
- Visit http://www.ci.watertown.wi.us/departments/solid_waste_and_recycling.php
- Call Rick Schultz at 920-262-4080, Ext. 2
Collection of used TVs
Best Buy Stores
32” tube or less
Flat Panel-LCD, Plasma, LED 60” or less
Console TVs of any size, or tube TVs and monitors larger than 32”
Front Projection (Big Screen)
Rear Projection (DLP)
Exposed Cathode Ray Tubes
Watertown Recycling Center – 920-674-7430
New location: Second and Clyman Street
Hours of Operation – everyday -7:00 A.M. – 7:00 P.M.
All TVs, Electronics and Appliances with cords are accepted.
Contact Sharon Ehrhardt for information firstname.lastname@example.org
Glacier Ridge Landfill
$5.25 base rate per unit
Plus ($.32 a pound) or $3.20 for every 10 pounds of the TV
Collection of old tires
Bridgestone Tires4ward Program
Bridge Stone Tires will recycle tires free of you have a group that is doing a cleanup project. For example if a 4-H or Boy Scouts conduct a highway or river cleanup. They will not take tires from residents or businesses at no charge. Since this is a program designed to clean up communities it is possible Bridgestone will accept a Township as a group.
Jefferson County works with Liberty Tire (Don Hacker 920-229-4123) when they conduct Clean Sweep Tire collections. Contact Sharon Ehrhardt for information email@example.com
- About Clean Sweep-Spanish (PDF, 1 page, 10 KB)
- Clean Sweep Fact Sheet-Spanish (PDF, 4 pages, 70 KB)
- Clean Sweep Fact Sheet (PDF, 4 pages, 55 KB)
- Agricultural Chemicals Clean Sweep Program (PDF, 1 page, 15 KB)
- Small Business Hazardous Waste Clean Sweep Program (PDF, 1 page, 11 KB)
- Home & Garden Pesticides (PDF, 4 pages, 239 KB)
- Waste Oil and Other Automotive Products (PDF, 2 pages, 185KB)
- Paint and Other Home Improvement Products (PDF, 4 pages, 198 KB)