Youth Dairy and Livestock
About this Page
This page is where we post information that applies to Youth Dairy AND Youth Livestock project members.
For information that is specific to ONLY Youth Dairy, or ONLY Youth Livestock, select the link below:
- 4-H Newsletter
- Dodge UWEX Calendar
- UW-Extension – Wisconsin Youth Livestock Programs & Events (may subscribe to this link)
- Call Bonnie Borden at 920-386-3790.
- Farming as Rocket Science: Why American agriculture is different from the European variety
- Lessons Learned on the Show Halter
- UW Center for Ag Safety and Health
- Tractor Safety Youth Certification Information
- UW Saddle and Sirloin
- Animal Premises Identification
- Dairy, Beef, Sheep & Swine Breed Association Directory
- Integrating Safety into Agritourism
Information about using best practices to keep farm visitors safe.
- Consumer Misperceptions About Food – Answers and Conversation
Join America’s farmers and ranchers in conversation about how they grow and raise our food.
- Dedicated to Dairy
A site for families, schools, health professionals and the public - all about dairy cows, dairy foods, dairy facts and myths and meet local dairy farm families.
- New You Tube Channel “Meet America’s Farmers”
- Livestock Comfort at the Fair (PDF, 1 page, 457 KB)
- Wisconsin Sheep & Goat Extension – Upcoming Events
- Youth Animal Care Training Web site
Kansas State University’s free online educational training modules for youth high school age and younger.
Youth Scholarships & Opportunities
- State Fair Dairy Promotion Scholarship Deadline: March (see current year’s information)
- Wisconsin Ayrshire Breeders Association “Shayr-A-Heifer Program Deadline: March/April (see current year’s information)
- UW-Madison Badger Dairy Camp Deadline: May (see current year’s information)
- Dodge County DYRAC Scholarship Application (PDF, 1 page, 10 KB) Deadline: June 1
- National 4-H Dairy Conference Application Deadline: July (see current year’s information)
- Wisconsin Livestock Breeders Association – Master Stockman Scholarship
- 2013 GBRLA Scholarship Application (DOC, 3 pages, 1,868 KB)
- Nasco Showing & Grooming Contest – Cash Prizes – Entries Due October
- Wisconsin Southdown Starter Ewe Program Deadline: March (see current year’s information)
- U.S. Targhee Sheep Association & Starter Flock Application Deadline: April 1
- Wisconsin Pork Association – Youth Activities & Scholarships
- UW-Madison Saddle & Sirloin – Beginner Youth Swine Project Award Deadline: April (see current year’s information)
- Dodge County Youth Pork Award (PDF, 3 pages, 24 KB) Deadline: October 10
- Badgerland Financial Scholarship Program
- Badgerland Financial – Industry Scholarship Listing
- Hoard’s Dairyman – Industry Scholarship Listing
- Wisconsin Towns Association Scholarship, Deadline: May (see current year’s information)
- Wisconsin 4-H Foundation Scholarships and Grants Deadline: February (see current year’s information)
Scholarships in areas of: Community Service, Agriculture, Leadership, 4-H, Family/Home/Health, Natural Resources & Environmental Education, Animal Sciences and Horse.
- National FFA Scholarships (most years, applications may be completed about Nov. 15 – Feb. 15)
- Wisconsin Horse Council (WHC) Scholarships (for WHC project members of at least 3 years)
- Dodge County Home & Community Educators (HCE) Scholarship Application Deadline: March 1; contact UWEX Office for Application
- United Cooperative Scholarship Program Deadline: March 1. Call United Cooperative at 800-924-2991 for more information.
- CHS Foundation Deadline: April 1
- Wisconsin Women in Agriculture – Rock River Chapter Scholarship Deadline: April 1
- Beaver Dam Optimist Club - Deadline: January/February (see current year’s information)
Sponsors the “Optimist International Annual Essay Contest”, with local, district and national cash prizes and scholarship awards. If no information is available at their Web site, call the Seippel Arts Center in Beaver Dam at 920-885-6535.
- American Legion National High School Oratorical Contest Contact Rodger Mattson at 920-887-3566 for details and deadline.