The Special Emphasis theme is designed to offer 4-H members and volunteers an opportunity to go back to the basics about the 4-H program. The activities in the 2015-2017 Special Emphasis curriculum will allow youth and adults a chance to learn more about the basic parts of the 4-H program in 2015 and explore more about projects in 2016.
ACTIVITY REPORT FORM
Document your club’s Special Emphasis activities throughout the 4-H year. Special Emphasis Reports are due at the September 4-H Leader’s Association meeting. Special Emphasis Activity Report Form (PDF, 1 page, 7 KB)
- 4-H Emblem, Pledge, & Motto (PDF, 1 page 316 KB)
- 4-H Mission (PDF, 1 page 81 KB)
- 4-H Vision (PDF, 1 page 64 KB)
- 4-H Traditions Activity (PDF, 1 page 47 KB) Matching and fill in the blank activity sheet.
- Leader to Duty Matching Activity (PDF, 1 page 178 KB) This activity challenges youth to identify Officer positions by matching them to the correct responsibility. The activity takes about 15 minutes. Materials available for check-out at the UW-Extension Office.
- Leader to Duty Matching Activity answer key (PDF, 1 page 15 KB)
- WHO AM I? Activity (PDF, 1 page, 305 KB) This activity identifies the different leader or officer positions in 4-H. The activity takes 15 minutes. Items available for check-out at the UW-Extension Office.
- WHO AM I? Activity Questions (PDF, 1 page, 201 KB)
- Leadership Activity Sheets (PDF, 8 pages, 304 KB)
- Older Youth Beach Ball Icebreaker Activity (PDF, 1 page 79 KB) Beach ball available for check-out at UW-Extension Office.
- Parli Pro Trail Mix Activity (PDF, 1 page, 19 KB) This recipe-activity teaches parliamentary procedure in an active way. Members will make a trail mix by making and passing motions in correct parliamentary order.
- Parli Pro Matching Activity (PDF, 1 page, 129 KB)
- Parliamentary Procedure Jeopardy (Power Point, 503 KB) Parliamentary Procedure Jeopardy (PDF, 23 pages, 559 KB)
CLOVERBUDS & EXPLORING MEMBERS
- 4-H Pledge (PDF, 1 page, 282 KB)
- 4-H Pledge Investigation Activity (PDF, 2 pages 59 KB)
- 4-H Pledge Investigation Cards (template) (PDF, 2 pages, 104 KB) The objective of this activity is to learn the 4-H pledge. The activity requires two teams and takes about 15 minutes. Cards available for check-out at the UW-Extension Office.
- Cloverbud Beach Ball Ice Breaker (PDF, 2 pages, 32 KB) This activity is designed to help the Cloverbuds and Explorers get to know each other and learn more about the 4-H program. Beach ball available for check-out at UW-Extension Office.
- 4-H Jeopardy (PowerPoint, 382 KB) 4-H Jeopardy (PDF, 28 pages, 232 KB) This activity offers a broad overview of the 4-H program with simple questions about 4-H.
- Record Book Hints (PDF, 2 pages, 305 KB)
- Record Book Packet pages (PDF, 16 pages, 325 KB)
- Record Book Jeopardy (PowerPoint, 740 KB) Record Book Jeopardy (PDF, 54 pages, 520 KB) This activity is designed to educate members on parts of a record book, form identification, and project records.
This activity helps adults working with youth gain awareness of the 8 Essential Elements of positive youth development, as well as their role in intentionally planning, implementing and achieving a balanced youth development program. The items listed below are available for check-out at the UW-Extension Office.
- The Key Ingredients (PDF, 6 pages, 403KB)
- Essential Element Pizza Slices template (PDF, 8 pages, 409 KB)
- Essential Elements Characteristic Cards (PDF, 3 pages, 128 KB)
BEYOND THE CLUB
- International Cultural Exchange Program for Young Adults (PDF, 2 pages 19, 148 KB)
- 2015 Wisconsin 4-H International Programs (PDF, 2 pages, 210 KB)
- 2015 Wisconsin State & National 4-H Programs (PDF, 2 pages, 277 KB)
- Beyond the Club Alphabet Shuffle Activity (PDF, 1 page, 196 KB) This activity explores the various programs and opportunities beyond the local club and county. Alphabet Cards available for check-out at UW-Extension Office.
- Beyond the Club Alphabet Shuffle Word List (PDF, 2 pages, 194 KB)
- How Are My Fair Entries Judged? (PDF, 1 page, 17 KB)
The Passport 101 activity teaches youth to become familiar with the countries and opportunities to travel abroad through 4-H.
- Passport Activity (PDF, 1 page, 304 KB)
- Passport Template (PDF, 3 pages, 342 KB)
- Passport Flags (PDF, 1 page, 120 KB)
- Passport Seals (PDF, 2 pages, 247 KB)
- World Map (PDF, 1 page, 110 KB)
- Country Information (PDF, 6 pages, 254 KB)
Special Emphasis Program Developed by:
4-H Adult Leaders:
- Mary Pat Boschert, Leipsic 4-H Club
- Linda Daane, Leipsic 4-H Club
- Noreen Dogs, Herman Hornets 4-H Club
- Gloria Hafemeister, County Resource Leader
- Tracie Luedtke, Leipsic 4-H Club
- Amy Meyer, A-OK 4-H Club
4-H Youth Leaders:
- Alexis Luedtke, Leipsic 4-H Club
- Emma Meyer, A-OK 4-H Club
- Lydia Meyer, A-OK 4-H Club
- Andrew Boschert, Leipsic 4-H Club
Dodge County UW-Extension Staff:
- Marie Witzel, 4-H Youth Development Educator
- Ellen Bohn, 4-H Youth Development Staff Assistant