When and How to Join
- The 4-H year starts in September.
- New members turn in enrollment forms to their local club’s General Leader.
- New member enrollment forms are due by the end of the year to show at the next year’s county fair.
- Re-enrolling members must submit their Enrollment Form and Behavior Form to General Leaders in September or early October. Your General Leader submits these forms to the county 4-H Office.
- Once Enrollment Forms are turned in, projects cannot be added or changed for that year.
Who Can Join
- 4-H grade is determined as of October 1st.
- 1st & 2nd graders enroll as Cloverbuds. 3rd graders enroll as Explorers. Starting at 4th grade, members select from project areas.
- Youth continue to be eligible for membership one year beyond high school. Graduation from 4-H may be following high school graduation or one year after high school graduation.
- There is a nominal annual enrollment fee .
- Individual clubs may also have an enrollment fee. Contact your local club general leader for specifics.
Find a 4-H Club
- Call the 4-H Agent at the UW-Extension Office at 920-386-3790 for information on a club in your area.
- View club information in the 2014 4-H Brochure (PDF, 2 pages, 199 KB)
More Questions? Contact Sally Schoenike for more information. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org