Demonstration and Illustrated Talk Contest
Members learn to organize their thoughts and materials through “show and tell” as they explain how to do a project or activity. Demonstrations are “showing and doing.” Illustrated Talks rely more on charts, pictures and descriptions.
Drama and Music Festival
An opportunity for members to perform before an audience (do a solo and/or perform as a group) and be evaluated. 2016 dates TBA.
Solo & Small Group Music Festival Form (PDF, 1 page, 346 KB)
Club Drama Festival Form (PDF, 1 page, 192 KB)
Community Service Events
Community service events are scheduled throughout the year. Youth and families make projects that bring comfort and cheer to military families, those in hospitals, assisted living centers or nursing homes and via social service agencies.
Family Learning Days
- 4-H Family Learning Days are two days of family fun and education. They are held on two Saturdays, one usually in February and one in March or early April.
- 4-H volunteers, businesses, and community individuals teach a variety of sessions on topics such as: animal care, plants, ceramics, card stamping, scrapbooking, robotics and Cloverbuds/Explorers.
- January and February 4-H Newsletters have the schedule, session descriptions, and registration forms.
- February 27, 2016 Family Learning Day @ Dodgeland School, Juneau.
- April 2 Family Learning Day @ Moraine Park Technical College, Beaver Dam
An opportunity for members to gain experience speaking before an audience. Learning how to read well aloud or to deliver a speech from memory, as well as preparing an original speech, is important in developing our speaking and communication skills.
Dairy and Livestock Judging Contests
There are many opportunities for dairy and livestock youth to become more knowledgeable about their projects through judging teams. Youth are divided by age into Junior and Senior teams for district and state competitions. Contact the UW-Extension Office Youth Dairy and Livestock Educator for more information at 920-386-3790.
Judging teams include: Livestock, Meats, Livestock Skillathon/Quiz Bowl, Dairy and Dairy Skillathon/Quiz Bowl.
An opportunity for Foods and Nutrition Project members to “show and tell” about the foods they enjoy preparing. Foods Revue is held on a scheduled date in June. Members are judged on: prepared food, menus, table service, cost of meal, time management and nutrition knowledge.
Clothing Revue Info & Registration (PDF, 1 page 507 KB)