- UW-Extension (UWEX) recommends annual testing for accuracy.
- Accurate dial gauge readings ensure proper canning temperatures.
- Proper canning temperatures destroy harmful bacteria and toxins.
How to get your dial gauge pressure canner tested?
- Call the Dodge County UW-Extension Office to make an appointment at 920-386-3790.
- Bring your dial gauge pressure canner lid and seal to the Dodge County UWEX Office at 127 E. Oak St., Juneau, WI 53039.
- We can test lids from National, Magic Seal, Maid of Honor and Presto Pressure Canners.
- Testing takes 5-10 minutes.
Pressure Canning Resources
Contact Dodge County UWEX at 920-386-3790.